I wanted to share with you just a few of the things that I am personally thankful for - not just today, but every day.
1. My husband, who works VERY hard to put food on our table and to support our children. Without my husband freezing his butt off for a pittance every. single. day of the year, we would have nothing, not even a roof over our heads and so, for him, I am most greatful and thankful.
2. Our Children - All of our children are a blessing and bring something special into our family - including our insane dog, Rozz! I really couldn't ask for a better bunch and am so thankful to be around to see them grow into wonderful, kind young men (and women) and it still astounds me every day, the things that children can see and tell you that really make every moment something quite fascinating and special.
3. My friends! I know this might seem a little predictable to add friends to the list, but I am honestly, 100%, hand-on-heart, extremely greatful for each and every one of my friends, who have all helped my family pull through one of the toughest years yet and, for that, I will be eternally greatful.
4. I am thankful for being given the chance to make amends and reconnect with old friends, this year, which I had not spoken to in so many years and who I truly missed. There is nothing like a little humble pie and a rekindled friendship that never really went away, even across years and an entire ocean!!
5. A roof over our heads! I know a lot of people say this in passing, but this year was so rough that I am absolutely, truly greatful just to have a roof over our heads. We are not people who want for much but it was very rocky for a while there and we are not out of the woods yet, but we are still pulling along and trying!
6. Food on the table because there have been times this year when there just wasn't a paycheck available to cover bills and food and we would have to pick! Of course, we have to eat and so I have learned to really stetch a dollar and not starve. I would love to be able to go to a store and just go nuts, but I just can't afford to do that and so I skrimp and save and hustle to get the groceries from a store to the table and I am so thankful for every bite.
7. I am thankful for hope, which I lost for a moment earlier this year, but my hope for a brighter future and faith in humanity has definitely been restored over the last few months, which I am terribly greatful for, every moment. People can really surprise you when you least expect it and it really takes 1 or 2 people with the right words and a little different perspective on things to really put you back on the right track!
So there you have it, my top 7 things to be thankful for - maybe a tad expected, but most certainly not proclaimed lightly. I am thankful for everybody who has been such a positive, uplifting influence on me this year and pulled us all through. I am greatful for you all!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!